Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sequestration



Okay, this upcoming government sequestration is coming to a head. I got official notice last week of upcoming furloughs. I wrote my congressman, senator and the president. I urge all government workers and concerned citizens to do the same. Below is a copy of what I wrote.

I am writing you about the upcoming government sequestration. I am 51 years old and have served our government since I was 17. First, as a decorated member of the US Air Force and Gulf War Veteran where I served 16 years and took early retirement due to force draw downs. Since then I have served as a sworn Federal Law Enforcement Agent. I was officially notified today that due to the government sequestration myself and all other federal workers will be forced to take one unpaid furlough day every federal pay period (two weeks). I was also informed that this would last for 14 pay periods. I don’t know about Congressmen or Senators but for myself and most other federal employees, losing a full day’s pay every two weeks is just not affordable. I understand the need to save money and get government spending under control. I do not agree with doing on the backs of the people that keep the government running and keep our streets safe. The current cat and mouse game being played with the federal budget is not a game; it has an immediate effect on many thousands of American workers and voters. Whether Democrat or Republican neither side is looking good or looking like they have the best interest of the American people at heart. Both sides just appear to be bull headed and inflexible. I urge you to go to the table and come to a quick workable compromise, keep the government working, then spend the time necessary to find a permanent solution to this nation’s financial trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment