Monday, March 18, 2013

Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans



This is not my typical rant complaining about or elected officials. Sometimes they get things right even if it is at lower levels. This is kudos to my elected officials in the State of Florida. 

I am a member of The American Legion Riders and The Patriot Guard Riders. As a member I received (like all members did) an invitation to the state capital building for a military appreciation day. One of the highlights of the day will be reserved seating in the State Senate Gallery to watch them vote in a resolution naming March 30th of every year hence forward as Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day thorough out the State of Florida. State representatives will also be available to talk to veterans and look into their concerns. I live only 20 minutes from the capital. I’m taking a vacation day from work and watching this happen. With all of us in the gallery, I don’t think any Senator will have the guts to vote against this resolution. 

From a little research I have learned that numerous states are doing the same thing and naming March 30th as Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day. I applaud all of you. Now we just need our representatives in Washington to do this at the national level (I have done a little research and have found no plans of this, I hope I’m wrong).

I would like to encourage everyone out there to take a little time on March 30th and welcome home a Vietnam Veteran.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info i am Vietnam Veteran, I live in Houston, TX and am member of VFW Post 8790,there are many other Vets there that served in Vietnam also. USN RM3 1968-72 USS KANSAS CITY
    AOR-3

    ReplyDelete